Today, we are 21. 🙂
Since I started on June 1st, 2002 as Paul Mycroft Design Limited (it was important to be a legal company) back in Chicago, I have learned so much about business and being an entrepreneur – what a journey it has been.
My advice to people who are just starting out or newer in business would be the following:
- Set up your bank accounts correctly (check this book out for a guide).
- Align yourself with other “trusted” professionals/contractors who have a good reputation.
- Find a mentor, whether a person or a business.
- Then ask for advice and listen.
- Join the Chambers and small business groups, like a mastermind group, even if it is on Zoom – JOIN!
- Be present, show up.
- Spend money on your business cards, make them different and memorable when you hand them out.
- Don’t just open your doors and expect people to come in, you have to meet and connect with people so that they know YOU!
Good luck with your own journey.