The ferry to Horseshoe Bay is stunning, watching the sun rise behind Vancouver’s skyline. That makes the early morning easier.
For anyone who uses WordPress, a WordCamp is essential, not only to stay on top of developments, but to learn, refresh, remind, inspire, and meet like-minded folk. WordCamp 2018 had come to Vancouver and we were going.
We attended the following presentations:
- Keynote: Some thoughts on WordPress, the Web, and Everything Else – Morten Rand-Hendriksen
- Divi – WordPress Theme and Visual Page Builder – Debra Williams
- Gutenberg – Eoin O’Dwyer
- Just enough React: Getting ready for Gutenberg – Shannon Smith
- How to Optimally Secure Your WordPress Environment – Wordfence
- Stop Guessing: Diagnosing & Fixing WordPress Performance – Matt Kopala
- Design and Development Collaboration for WordPress (and beyond) – Sydney Hake
- WordPress as a Digital Marketing Hub – Rebeca Godin
- How to Stay Calm and Troubleshoot Your WordPress Code – Kirsten Starcher
- A Rose by Any Other URL: Changing your site URL or cloning your site with the WP command line tool – Dale McGladdery
- Don’t Break Live: Using a Staging Site Can Make Your Life a Lot Easier – Jamie Schmid