Get Ready to be in Control of Growing your Business!
The website that we mostly provide to customers is powered by the popular Content Management System (CMS) called WordPress (see www.wordpress.org). As outstanding and empowering as it is, it is important to prepare yourself for new challenges and potential pitfalls.
- An ability to navigate around your computer and organize files is required. Experience with social media is a plus.
- A basic knowledge of image types (e.g. JPEGs, GIF) and image pixel resolutions.
- An ability to format text (e.g. bold, italics, bullet points, headlines).
- Be prepared to purchase the Akismet plugin (Business: $5/month; Personal: $0-$120/year) to protect blog from spam comments. It can happen.
- Keep WordPress and plugins updated when available; don’t let a security issue arise because something was not updated.
- WordPress is an excellent CMS but requires updating to maintain security and improvements as they are released. WordPress itself and its plugins can be updated for no charge from within your Dashboard but your theme will need to be periodically updated manually by a professional. We are happy to do that for a fee.
- Don’t let it stagnate. Add useful content to your website and keep developing it on a regular basis. It is an integral part of your business and how people perceive you online or find you. Impress customers with your knowledge and become an authority in your field. Google is watching!
If you use the blog feature in WordPress, be consistent, compelling, inspiring. Be unique.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to help.
Your journey starts here.